Not that these are worth anything, but here’s what my gut’s saying going into this season:
- New Orleans will win it all.
- I have no idea who will come out of the East. Probably whoever wins game 7 between the Celtics and the Lebrons.
- The Lakers are built only for the regular season.
- This feels like a first-round exit for the Spurs, unless Ginobili comes back in near MVP form.
- The Clippers will be worse than you expect, way worse.
- But Milwaukee might be the worst team in the league, not counting the OCK Barons.
- The Knicks will be better than people think.
- The Wolves are the best candidate to be this year’s Blazers-2007-lite.
- The Heat will be a mess unless they make a trade.
- The Bobcats still look destined to be pathetic.
And finally, even though this Warriors season is shaping up to be ultimately disappointing and makes me sympathize wholly with these poor tortured fans out here, at the end of the year I won’t regret buying season tickets because Nellieball will always be Nellieball.